This e-book helps put concrete meaning behind an often abstract term so we can move toward a shared vision of educational equity. Dig into 4 chapters of actionable content:
CHAPTER ONE: GETTING TO A DEFINITION
– “Equity is when everyone has access to what they need to be successful.”
– “Isn’t “Equity” just a fancier way of saying “equality”? (Hint: no.)
CHAPTER TWO: EQUITY IS A LITTLE… UNCOMFORTABLE.
– REASON #1) It means we have to talk about unfairness and injustice.
– REASONS #2 & 3) It means we have to confront stuff much bigger than us – privilege & systems.
– REASON #4) It means we have to take action
CHAPTER THREE: MYTHBUSTING
– MYTH #1) The Myth of Meritocracy
– MYTH #2) The “Education is the Great Equalizer” Myth
– Now that we know what it is, how will we know when we get there?
This ebook is for educators who are ready to take practical steps toward making their school or classroom a more equitable place for all learners!